Saturday, March 19, 2011

Back on the planet again...maybe.

Wow, its been a couple years since I've been here. I have a hard time believing that my last post was about my vacation to my brothers right after Mike and I broke up. Its crazy that so much has happened and I don't even know where to begin. I will give a cliff notes version of what has happened to me in in the past two years and see how it goes, maybe play catch up and post over the next few posts to make sure I cover all my bases.
I'm talking to Mike now and we are friends. We make better friends then spouses. We can talk to each other now. I discovered that talking to him face to face or on the phone is not the best way to deal with him as he thinks slower then I do and can't respond to what I'm telling him fast enough to keep up with the conversation so he clams up and says nothing. It works much better with yahoo messenger because I can pose a question or comment and he can take the time to think about it and then post a reply when he is ready. Our communications are much easier now.
I lived with my folks for the past two years and tried to get on my feet and out in the world but my body had other ideas and knocked me back down again. I've had another surgery on my stomach. it happened in February and I was in the hospital for two weeks. It took me a year to bounce back or there abouts. My body has a hard time now and again though and I'm still struggling to get things back on track.
I met a man in all this time and have been seeing him pretty steady for the past couple of years now. I did meet him before my husband and I broke up, like 2 years before, we had been friends in all that time. I didn't know he was interested in me until Mike and I broke up but I did know that he cared about me. We would sit and talk for hours, it was nice to have someone to talk to.
Now I am in Australia and about to marry said man. I think I might be crazy but to be honest its a good kinda crazy. We waited for 2 years to be sure that this was what we really wanted. I have been in Perth Australia for 4 months now and we will be getting married sooner then planned so I can stay in the country with him but it is so worth it.
I was so surprised to find someone that loves me for me, is interested in the things I'm interested in and vice verse, and wants to be with me and take care of me and love me till the day I die. He knows so much about me, more then anyone else I've ever met, known or dated and I can be myself completely and fully around him. I don't have to hide anything from him and he understands me. Its a great feeling.
Being creative has been pretty hard since I got here though as I've had to give up everything mostly. My mother inherited all of my craft goodies, knitting and crochet needles, yarn and the whole nine yards. She is going to send me some of it though.
I have been doing some drawing and some writing but haven't gotten anything posted and I don't have a scanner so I can't put up the newer art work. Right now I'm knitting and having a blast with it. I have 4 sets of knitting needles and 5 balls of yarn now. Its a small stash but its a start. You never realise how much you love something till you don't have it anymore.
Religiously I'm settling in too, working on making friends in getting use to the new wheel of the year in the southern hemisphere. it is very very interesting and feels strange but it also feels like I've been living here for the whole of my life or at least the last half of it. Its crazy but its also very nice and settling. Peaceful too.
Anyway more later on all that is going on in my life. I have 3 blogs and I hope I can keep up with all 3 of them, but then again I have nothing to do but spend time with my fiance as I'm not allowed to work right now. More on everything later
Hugs Love and Light
Tracey

No comments: